Updated: October 15, 2021
California residents may have additional rights and choices related to identifying information and other types of personal information.
This Notice covers how we collect and use your information in connection with the use of the mobile game software and media dedicated to that software and applies solely to California residents.
Summary of Information Practices
If you are a California resident, California law requires us to provide you with some additional information regarding how we collect, use, and share your "personal information" as defined in the CCPA.
Categories of personal information we collect, disclose, and sell.
Under the CCPA, we are also required to provide you with the "categories" of personal information we collect. The categories we collect are:
- Identifiers (for game play purposes) such as your username, and game user ID, and contact information (for Promotion purposes) such as names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses;
- Demographics, such as age-group;
- Commercial information, such as transaction data;
- Internet or other network or device activity, such as browsing history or Services usage;
- General geolocation information, such as latitude-longitude coordinates based on IP address;
- Audio information, such as customer service call recordings if you do not opt out; and
- Other information that identifies or can be reasonably associated with you.
We may disclose or sell all of above categories of personal information with:
- Our affiliates and subsidiaries;
- Our advertising providers, such as advertising networks;
- Our service providers, such as marketing and advertising services, providers of payment and accounting services, transactional support providers, and providers of technical services (e.g., data storage, security, and customer relationship management databases); and
- Other parties where required by law or to protect our rights.
In some cases, the link between the data and the use or disclosure was more direct than others. The specific uses and disclosures in which service providers are involved varies from provider to provider.
How we use these categories of personal information.
We, our advertising providers, and our service providers may use the categories of personal information we collect from and about you for the following business purposes and commercial purposes (as those terms are defined in applicable law):
- Our, our advertising provider’s, or our service provider’s operational purposes;
- Auditing consumer interactions on our site (e.g., measuring ad impressions);
- Detecting, protecting against, and prosecuting security incidents and fraudulent or illegal activity;
- Bug detection and error reporting;
- Providing the Services (e.g., account servicing and maintenance, customer service, advertising and marketing, analytics, and communication about the Services);
- Improving our existing Services and developing new services (e.g., by conducting research to develop new products or features);
- Other uses that advance our commercial or economic interests;
- Other uses about which we notify you.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell information that directly identifies you such as your name and email address. We share certain information as set forth in "The Who" section and allow third parties to collect certain information about your activity, for example through cookies, as explained in "The How" section. You can control these cookies through browser settings and other controls. We do not believe these activities are a sale of personal information as such terms are defined under the CCPA.
However, the definition of "sale" under the CCPA is broad, and when we share your information (such as IP address, device and advertiser identifiers) with our advertising providers to provide personalized advertisements in our Services, this activity may be deemed a "sale" of your personal information under the CCPA. You may click here to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
Please note that we also do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 18 years of age.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected, disclosed, or sold about you in the last twelve months; the categories of sources of such information; the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and the categories of third parties with whom we disclosed or sold personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
- Delete certain information we have about you.
- Opt out of the sale of your personal information. Click here to opt out of the sale of your personal information.
You may have the right to receive information about the financial incentives that we offer to you (if any). You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. For example, we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you and for compliance with applicable law. If you ask us to delete certain information, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact Customer Support at email@example.com. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. To do so, you must provide us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf. In all cases in which you (or your authorized agent) make a request to exercise your CCPA rights, you will be required to verify your identity directly with us, which may include, verifying your identity through contacting us through the Services via your mobile device and/or verifying certain game play or historical information regarding your use of the Services. If you are unable to verify your identity, we will be unable to respond your requests.
California law permits those of our customers who are California residents the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
If you have any questions, inquires, requests, or complaints concerning this Notice or our information collection practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.